Get active with a Halberg Activity Fund grant.
The Halberg Activity Fund helps reduce financial barriers to our young people with physical disabilities and their whanau, with getting involved in sport and recreation.
Eligible to young people aged five to 21, with physical disabilities, the fund can help pay for things like equipment, coaching or even the costs associated with attending school camp.
Applications can be made by or on behalf of a young person with physical disabilities and can be submitted for the following categories:
- equipment – Either the adaptation of equipment or the purchase of disability specific equipment
- lessons – This could be group or individual lessons/coaching to enable participation
- camps – Additional costs associated with a physically disabled young person attending a camp. Eligible costs include a support person & adapted accommodation.
Applications must be submitted by the third Monday of every month (excluding December) to be considered. Please factor in the time needed for the application to be prepared and assessed when applying as we do not fund retrospectively. Activity Fund Grant Committee meetings are held monthly.
All applications will require the following documentation:
- A quote from the equipment, lessons, or camp provider (on an organisation letterhead)
- A clinical letter of support from a doctor, physiotherapist, or occupational therapist, stating the medical diagnosis of the physically disabled young person
- A personal letter of support from the family of or the physically disabled young person stating the benefits of the proposed activity
Connecting with your local Halberg Adviser before applying is highly recommended. They will will be able to assist and guide your application, and advise you on eligibility.