COMMUNITY MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Are you a marketing or communications professional looking to develop your career working in a meaningful and rewarding organisation? The Halberg Foundation is an iconic charitable organisation, founded by Olympian Sir Murray Halberg in 1963, which aims to enhance the lives of physically disabled New Zealanders by enabling them to participate in sport and recreation.
Our core work includes a team of Advisers who deliver our disability sport and recreation programmes in schools, communities and organisations at a local, regional and national level. We also have a fundraising and sponsorship programme – including the ISPS Handa Halberg Awards which helps raise vital funds and awareness for the Foundation.
The Foundation is now seeking a Community Marketing and Communications Coordinator in a full time role to help support the delivery of our communications and marketing programmes through digital, media, events and promotions. This is an exciting role so we are looking for someone who can deliver in a fast-paced environment, where using your initiative is essential.
- Working with the Partnerships, Marketing and Communications manager to develop marketing, communications, media and digital programmes
- Day to day management of website content
- Design and production of on-line and print promotional materials
- Creation of EDMs
- Media liaison
- Social media
- Copywriting for print, web and media
- File management, including photo and video editing
- CRM database updates
- Events assistance - this will include attending occasional events including the ISPS Handa Halberg Awards and activities outside of office hours.
- Supporting partners and sponsorship reporting
- Building strong relationships with external partners, providers and stakeholders
- Contribute to the strategic development of the Foundation
- Some domestic travel required
Attributes and Skills
- Experience in a similar marketing or communications role
- Experience with social media platforms and online community management.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in Adobe InDesign, Windows MovieMaker, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite and Mailchimp.
- Strong initiative, self-starter and problem solving
- Tertiary degree in Marketing, Communications or the Arts
- Enjoy a team environment
- Clean driver's license
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org